There are three options for Live Testing depending on if you have an Android device and a Wi-Fi connection available
After downloading, step though the the instructions to install the Thunkable app on your device. You need to install the Thunkable app only once, and then leave it on your phone or tablet for whenever you use Thunkable.
The Thunkable Android app will automatically show you the app you are building, but only if your computer (running Thunkable) and your Android device (running the Thunkable app) are connected to the same WiFi Network.
Choose "Test --> Thunkable Live" from the top menu in the Thunkable browser:
A dialog with a QR code will appear on your PC screen. On your device, launch the Thunkable app just as you would do any app. Then click the “Scan QR code” button on the Thunkable app, and scan the code in the Thunkable window:
Within a few seconds, you should see the app you are building on your device. It will update as you make changes to your design and blocks, a feature called “live testing”.
If you have trouble scanning the QR code or your device does not have a scanner, type the code shown on the computer into the Thunkable app's text area on your Android device exactly as shown. The code is directly below where the screen on your PC shows "Your code is" and consists of six characters. Type the six characters and choose the orange "Connect with code". Do not type an Enter or carriage return: type just the six characters followed by pressing the orange button.
If your app does not appear on your device, the most likely problems are:
- You may have images or other media assets that are too large to send over in real-time
- You may have an outdated version of the Thunkable app. Download the latest Thunkable live development app for Thunkable from above.
- Your device may not be connected to wifi. Make sure you see an IP address at the bottom of the Thunkable App screen on your phone or tablet.
- Your device may not be connected to the same wifi network as your computer. Make sure both devices are connected to the same wifi network name.
- Try using a different browser. If you are on Chrome, you can also try opening Thunkable a New Incognito Window